- 8 large eggs, separated
- 2⅔ cup plus ½ cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3 (15-ounce) cans evaporated milk
- ½ cup cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tbsp plus ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 1½ (16-ounce) loaves French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks. Add 2⅔ cups sugar, whisking until thick and pale yellow. Add evaporated milk, melted butter, bourbon, 1 tablespoon vanilla, and Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning, whisking until smooth. Add bread cubes and fold until bread is coated. Place in prepared baking dosh.
- Bake until knife inserted in the center comes out clean, let cool on wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites, almond extract, remaining ½ cup sugar, and remaining ½ teaspoon vanilla with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Top bread pudding with meringue mixture.
- Bake until lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Serve warm or cool.