Chef Elliott Wilson regularly travels to New Orleans which inspired his Muffuletta Egg Rolls. An original New Orleans Muffuletta is a sandwich on round Italian bread, with cold cuts, cheese, and olive salad. Elliot really took this dish to the next level by turning them into Egg Rolls!
- 1 cup Brine-Cured Black Olives, Sliced
- 1 cup Large Pimiento-Stuffed Olives, Sliced
- ½ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Minced Yellow Onion
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Celery
- 2 tbsp Minced Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 tsp Minced Onion
- 1½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1½ tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- Thin Cut Provolone
- Thin Cut Mozzarella
- Thin Cut Mortadella
- Thin Cut Salami
- Thin Cut Capicola
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- White Sesame Seeds
Creole Olive Salad
- Mix 1 cup pitted brine-cured black olives, sliced 1 cup large pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons minced yellow onion, 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery, 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley, Juice of 1 lemon, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 ½ teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- Super thin cut on all the cheese and meats.
Rolling the Egg Roll
- Take a look at the pictures to see how to construct the rolls, be patient with them, and make sure they are sealed well.
- Place the meat inside of the cheese
- Lay the Eggroll paper like a diamond. Place meat, and cheese in the middle. Then add the creole olive salad (see picture to see location).
- Roll the Egg Roll, Make sure it is sealed tight!
- Heat vegetable oil in your skillet and deep fry to a golden brown, sprinkle with white sesame seeds, and Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning when done frying.