A good party snack should be irresistible and addictive, and this dip is just that just that. You'll never have to ask, "What can I bring?" again. For more delicious recipes like this check out our cookbook Growing Up Cajun !
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ¼ cup minced shallot
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Cajun Hot Sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped yellow or red bell pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) container jumbo limp crab meat, drained and pickled free of shell
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Garnish: sliced green onion
- pita chips to serve
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 1-quart backing dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add crabmeat and garlic; cook for 1 minute. Add bourbon; cook until liquid is reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Fold crabmeat mixture into cream cheese mixture. Transfer to prepared pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until mixture is hot and bubbly and cheese is light golden brown, about 24 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Garnish with green onion, if desired. Serve with pita chips.