- 1 whole chicken, cut up (skin removed, if desired)
- 1 tbsp plus 2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped (about 1½ cups)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- ⅓ cup beef broth
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup diced mushroom
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- Hot cooked rice, to serve
- In a 4-quart stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned on all sides. (Don't be afraid to burn the chicken a little or for it to stick to the bottom of the pot. This is where the gravy will come from.) Remove chicken from pot.
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and just enough water to cover bottom of pot (about 1 cup); saute until vegetables are softened. Add tomato sauce; saute for 10 minutes. Add broth, cream, mushrooms, and remaining 1 tablespoon of Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning; saute for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; return chicken to pot, and fill pot with just to top of the chicken (about 1 quart). Cover and boil, stirring occasionally, until chicken is tender, about 1 hour.
- Reduce heat, and uncover; stir in green onion and parsley. Simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.