- 2 cups whole buttermilk
- 1 tbsp Slap Ya Mama Cajun Hot Sauce
- 8 chicken cutlets (about 4 pounds)
- Canola oil, for frying
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 8 tsp Creole mustard
- 8 hamburger buns, halved
- C'est Bon Slaw (recipe follows)
C'est Bon Slaw
- 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- ½ cup cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Creole Mustard
- ¾ tsp celery salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend
- In a 13x9-inch baking dish, combine buttermilk and Slap Ya Mama Cajun Hot Sauce.
- Add chicken to dish, making sure meat is submerged. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, pour oil to depth of 1 inch, and heat over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350°.In another 13x9-inch baking dish, stir together flour and Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture, discarding marinade. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, turning to coat. Working in batches, fry chicken until browned on both sides and a meat thermometer inserted in thickest.
C'est Bon Slaw
- In a large bowl, combine cabbages, carrot, and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and all remaining ingredients. Pour mayonnaise mixture over cabbage mixture, stirring to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.