Slap Ya Mama Injectable Marinade
- 10oz Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- marinade injection syringe
In a bowl or jar, combine Slap Ya Mama Pepper Sauce, olive oil, Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning and lemon juice. Mix well. Fill the syringe with the marinade and inject into the meaty parts of whatever you’re cooking. Enjoy!
Yields about 12 - 13oz of marinade
Pot-Roasted Whole Duck
Create a warm and inviting meal for your family with the rich smells and taste of roasted duck, perfect for any special gathering.
Makes about 6 servings
- 1 (5-pound) whole duck
- 2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 2 large sweet onions, quartered
- 4 stalks celery, halved
- 3 large green bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 4 heads garlic, halved
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Using a sharp knife, prick skin of duck; sprinkle duck with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning.
- In a large oval Dutch oven, place onion celery, bell pepper, and garlic in an even layer; place duck on top.
- Roast until skin is light golden brown, about 40 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 400°, and roast until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 170°, about 50 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar and melted butter until smooth. Brush over duck skin during last 10 minutes of cooking. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Buffalo Alligator Po’ Boys
Yields: 6 servings
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup Slap Ya Mama Cajun Hot Sauce
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound alligator meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (12-ounce) box Slap Ya Mama Cajun Fish Fry
- 6 (8-inch) New Orleans-style French bread pieces, split
- Blue Cheese Celery Slaw (recipe follows)
Blue Cheese Celery Slaw
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ (16-ounce) bag tricolor coleslaw mix
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 (5-ounce) container crumbled blue cheese
- In a large Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 2 inches, and heat over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350°.
- In a medium saucepan, bring hot sauce, butter, garlic powder, and Worcestershire to a simmer. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, toss together alligator meat and fish fry coating, shaking off excess. Carefully add to hot oil in batches, and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Let drain on paper towels. Toss in warm buffalo sauce.
- Place 8 to 10 alligator nuggets on bottom of each French bread piece, and top with Blue Cheese Celery Slaw. Serve immediately.
Blue Cheese Celery Slaw
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, celery salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, celery, and blue cheese. Add sour cream mixture to coleslaw mixture, and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Hot ‘n’ Spicy Baby Back Ribs
Perfect for any grilling holiday that is marked on your calendar these Hot ‘n’ Spicy ribs are a menu must-have. Mama’s Ribs are sweet, sticky and oh so spicy, seasoned in our Hot blend for the perfect kick. These baby backs are sure to bring the heat to your next grill out!
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) dark beer or beef broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 bottle of your favorite barbeque sauce (18 ounces)
- Combine the brown sugar and Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Cajun Seasoning; rub all over ribs. Place ribs bone side down on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Drizzle honey over ribs. Combine beer and vinegar; pour around ribs. Spoon some of the beer mixture over ribs.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 250°; bake 2 hours longer or until tender.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Place ribs on the grill over medium heat. Close lid and grill for 10-15 minutes or until browned, turning and basting occasionally with barbecue sauce. Serve with remaining barbecue sauce.
White Pepper Blend Poke Tuna Wraps
These Tuna wraps are a perfect healthy option for a spicy and refreshing meal. The marinated tuna could also be thrown on a bed of jasmine rice for a poke bowl.
Makes 2-3 servings
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Ponzu sauce, Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend and lime juice. Transfer the tuna to the marinade and let sit for a few minutes in the refrigerator, while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Slice cabbage and carrots into a slaw.
- Fill each lettuce cup with a desired amount of slaw. Place a mound of spicy tuna on top of wrap.
- Top each wrap with Slap Ya Mama Hot Sauce or pour into a bowl for dipping. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve the lettuce wraps with extra lime wedges!
Rémoulade Sauce Ingredients:
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Hot Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Rémoulade Sauce Directions: In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Cajun Pepper Cauliflower Tacos
Mix up taco night with Mama’s colorful, crispy, Cajun Pepper sheet pan tacos. With little prep time and hardly any clean up, we guarantee this recipe will become a regular in your household. Mama’s Cajun Pepper Cauliflower can also stand alone as an easy and healthy side dish for any occasion.
- Arrange rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 375°
- Place chopped Cauliflower, shredded brussels and chicken tenders on rimmed baking sheet. Shredding the brussels: You can buy them shredded (fast and easy) or you can shred/thinly slice them yourself with a mandoline.
- Drizzle olive oil evenly across the entire sheet. Season brussel sprouts and chicken with Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Cajun Seasoning. Pour 2 oz of Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce over cauliflower.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 min at 375°.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Toss the vegetables and pour remaining Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce on cauliflower to ensure it is completely covered in sauce.
- Place back in oven for 5 min or until chicken is completely cooked registering 155° on an instant read thermometer.
- Drape tortillas in the oven rack until reached desired warmth.
- Build taco with chicken, shredded brussels and crispy Cajun Pepper cauliflower.
- Top if off with a little extra Cajun Pepper Sauce to taste.