Add a fun twist to the classic sweet potato casserole. These twice-baked sweet potatoes are easy to whip up and take on the go to all your holiday parties. To top it off, Mama is keeping it oh so sweet yet spicy with her candied pecans seasoned with our Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning.
Makes about 4 medium Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Brown sugar to taste
Candied Pecans Ingredients:
- 6 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter.
- 1/4 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Cajun Seasoning.
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt.
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves, toasted.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Pierce the potatoes with a fork, place in a large baking pan and bake until soft (time will vary depending on the size of your sweet potatoes, anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes).
- In the meantime, in a medium skillet, combine brown sugar, butter, Slap Ya Mama Hot Cajun Seasoning, and salt. Once butter is melted add in 1 1/2 cup of pecans, stirring until coated. Set aside until sweet potatoes are ready to be topped off and baked for the second time.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the baked insides. Try to keep from tearing the skins much as possible!
- Place the potato skins back in the baking pan. Mash the baked sweet potato flesh in a bowl until smooth. Mix in the Greek yogurt, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup (and brown sugar, if using). Scoop this filling into the sweet potato skins.
- Scoop the candied pecans onto the top of filled potatoes and for the second time bake at 400°F for 12-15 minutes.
Slap Ya Mama Injectable Marinade
- 10oz Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- marinade injection syringe
In a bowl or jar, combine Slap Ya Mama Pepper Sauce, olive oil, Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning and lemon juice. Mix well. Fill the syringe with the marinade and inject into the meaty parts of whatever you’re cooking. Enjoy!
Yields about 12 - 13oz of marinade
Pot-Roasted Whole Duck
Create a warm and inviting meal for your family with the rich smells and taste of roasted duck, perfect for any special gathering.
Makes about 6 servings
- 1 (5-pound) whole duck
- 2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 2 large sweet onions, quartered
- 4 stalks celery, halved
- 3 large green bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 4 heads garlic, halved
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Using a sharp knife, prick skin of duck; sprinkle duck with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning.
- In a large oval Dutch oven, place onion celery, bell pepper, and garlic in an even layer; place duck on top.
- Roast until skin is light golden brown, about 40 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 400°, and roast until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 170°, about 50 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar and melted butter until smooth. Brush over duck skin during last 10 minutes of cooking. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Buffalo Alligator Po’ Boys
Yields: 6 servings
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup Slap Ya Mama Cajun Hot Sauce
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound alligator meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (12-ounce) box Slap Ya Mama Cajun Fish Fry
- 6 (8-inch) New Orleans-style French bread pieces, split
- Blue Cheese Celery Slaw (recipe follows)
Blue Cheese Celery Slaw
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ (16-ounce) bag tricolor coleslaw mix
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 (5-ounce) container crumbled blue cheese
- In a large Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 2 inches, and heat over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350°.
- In a medium saucepan, bring hot sauce, butter, garlic powder, and Worcestershire to a simmer. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, toss together alligator meat and fish fry coating, shaking off excess. Carefully add to hot oil in batches, and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Let drain on paper towels. Toss in warm buffalo sauce.
- Place 8 to 10 alligator nuggets on bottom of each French bread piece, and top with Blue Cheese Celery Slaw. Serve immediately.
Blue Cheese Celery Slaw
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, celery salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, celery, and blue cheese. Add sour cream mixture to coleslaw mixture, and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Hot ‘n’ Spicy Baby Back Ribs
Perfect for any grilling holiday that is marked on your calendar these Hot ‘n’ Spicy ribs are a menu must-have. Mama’s Ribs are sweet, sticky and oh so spicy, seasoned in our Hot blend for the perfect kick. These baby backs are sure to bring the heat to your next grill out!
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) dark beer or beef broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 bottle of your favorite barbeque sauce (18 ounces)
- Combine the brown sugar and Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Cajun Seasoning; rub all over ribs. Place ribs bone side down on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Drizzle honey over ribs. Combine beer and vinegar; pour around ribs. Spoon some of the beer mixture over ribs.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 250°; bake 2 hours longer or until tender.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Place ribs on the grill over medium heat. Close lid and grill for 10-15 minutes or until browned, turning and basting occasionally with barbecue sauce. Serve with remaining barbecue sauce.
White Pepper Blend Poke Tuna Wraps
These Tuna wraps are a perfect healthy option for a spicy and refreshing meal. The marinated tuna could also be thrown on a bed of jasmine rice for a poke bowl.
Makes 2-3 servings
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Ponzu sauce, Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend and lime juice. Transfer the tuna to the marinade and let sit for a few minutes in the refrigerator, while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Slice cabbage and carrots into a slaw.
- Fill each lettuce cup with a desired amount of slaw. Place a mound of spicy tuna on top of wrap.
- Top each wrap with Slap Ya Mama Hot Sauce or pour into a bowl for dipping. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve the lettuce wraps with extra lime wedges!
Rémoulade Sauce Ingredients:
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Hot Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Rémoulade Sauce Directions: In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Cajun Pepper Cauliflower Tacos
Mix up taco night with Mama’s colorful, crispy, Cajun Pepper sheet pan tacos. With little prep time and hardly any clean up, we guarantee this recipe will become a regular in your household. Mama’s Cajun Pepper Cauliflower can also stand alone as an easy and healthy side dish for any occasion.
- Arrange rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 375°
- Place chopped Cauliflower, shredded brussels and chicken tenders on rimmed baking sheet. Shredding the brussels: You can buy them shredded (fast and easy) or you can shred/thinly slice them yourself with a mandoline.
- Drizzle olive oil evenly across the entire sheet. Season brussel sprouts and chicken with Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Cajun Seasoning. Pour 2 oz of Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce over cauliflower.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 min at 375°.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Toss the vegetables and pour remaining Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce on cauliflower to ensure it is completely covered in sauce.
- Place back in oven for 5 min or until chicken is completely cooked registering 155° on an instant read thermometer.
- Drape tortillas in the oven rack until reached desired warmth.
- Build taco with chicken, shredded brussels and crispy Cajun Pepper cauliflower.
- Top if off with a little extra Cajun Pepper Sauce to taste.
Slap Ya Mama Sloppy Joes.
Nothing like Mama’s classic Sloppy Joes to remind you of your childhood. This crowd-pleasing sandwich has a thick meaty filling smothered in our Cajun Pepper Sauce. You definitely need a fork and a few napkins to eat this mouthwatering meal!
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and season with 2 tsp of Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, brown ground beef for about 5 minutes, making sure to break up meat and brown all sides. Drain and add meat back into skillet.
- Add onions and bell peppers to skillet with ground meat and cook 2-3 minutes, until soft. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds or so, until fragrant. Add in tomato paste and mix well.
- Add ketchup, water, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until mixture has thickened to your liking.
- Remove from heat and serve on toasted buns. Top it off with a little Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce.
Ultimate Cajun Burger
Next time your craving a burger, make it Cajun! Spice up your patties, and serve them hot off the grill.
Makes approximately 6 burger patties.
- Bacon (cook according to package)
- American Cheese
- In a large bowl mix beef, pork, bell pepper, onions, jalapeño, Worcestershire sauce, Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce, and Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Cajun Seasoning.
- Form approximately 6 large patties.
- Grill on med-high heat until desired temperature.
- Build your burger and dress to your liking.
Mama’s Spicy Grilled Chicken Salad
Lighten up this summer without sacrificing flavor! Mama’s Spicy Grilled Chicken Salad makes for a savory protein packed meal. Loading it with vegetables and using quinoa in place of rice adds nutrition for a healthy dinner. Our Jalapeño Cilantro Dip tops it off with the perfect amount of spice.
Click Here for Recipe: Slap Ya Mama Jalapeño Cilantro Dip
- Put chicken in a ziplock bag. In a small bowl combine lime juice, Slap Ya Mama Green Pepper Sauce, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning. Pour the sauce over the chicken and seal the bag and let marinade for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Grill each side of the chicken for about 3-4 minutes or until cooked throughout and no longer pink.
- Slice chicken and set aside.
- In a bowl place a hand full of washed spinach.
- Scoop in 2-3 tablespoons of cooked quinoa (cook according to package).
- Add in cherry tomatoes and diced avocados.
- Place grilled chicken in the bowl and top-off the salad with our Slap Ya Mama Jalapeño Cilantro Dip.
Recipe by Catahoula Catering
Slap Ya Mama Crawfish Nachos
Crawfish nachos piled high with loads of left over crawfish and dripping in a spicy cheese sauce.
- 1 lb peeled crawfish tails
- 1 2/2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seafood Boil
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 3 cups grated pepper jack cheese
- 3 cups grated mild cheddar cheese
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper and green bell pepper
- 1 minced de-seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of Slap Ya Mama Cajun Hot Sauce (optional)
- Your favorite tortilla chips
- Gather 1 pound, or more (you really can’t have too much) of leftover crawfish tails from your boil.
- Or, if you’re using packaged tails, mix 1 and ½ tsp. of Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seafood Boil to season it up. This is a little trick I use if there aren’t any leftovers (which there shouldn’t be!).
- Mix all the dry seasonings: Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, mustard powder, cayenne pepper powder, and paprika.
- Get a block of both mild cheddar and pepper jack cheese, and grate until you have 3 cups of each. The cheeses melt better when you grate it yourself rather than buying the pre shredded stuff.
- In a pot, first, melt your butter on medium heat, and then add the vegetables: onion, celery, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, jalapeño pepper and garlic. Cook your vegetables until they are soft, and the onions are translucent (10-15 min). We aren’t trying to get any brown coloring here.
- Mix in the mayonnaise and dry seasonings to your cooked vegetables. Once the mayonnaise and seasonings are incorporated, add in your crawfish tails.
- When the crawfish tails start to curl, mix in the cheeses. Turn the heat down to medium low and stir occasionally until it’s fully melted.
- *This is optional* As a finishing touch, add the shot of Slap Ya Mama Cajun Hot Sauce to your crawfish queso, and mix until it is fully incorporated.
- Pour your Slap Ya Mama Crawfish Queso over a bed of your favorite tortilla chips, and enjoy!