Memorial Day weekend is right around the corner. The official start of summer. That means it’s time to break out the grill and get to cooking. Thinking about hosting a Memorial Day cookout but aren’t sure what to whip up? Don’t worry, the Slap Ya Mama team has tons of delicious ideas and recipes perfect for grilling this summer!
Mama’s Cajun French Onion Dip
This fresh and creamy French Onion Dip is the perfect crowd-pleasing dip for your next gathering. With it’s simple and fresh ingredients, this recipe is as easy to make as it is flavorful.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups yellow onions, diced (approximately 2 onions)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend Cajun Seasoning
- In a large skillet over medium heat, stir in butter, onions, and ½ tsp of Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend Cajun Seasoning. Stir occasionally for about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, continue stirring onions every few minutes, letting them caramelize to the bottom of the skillet before stirring again. Repeat this process for approximately 20 minutes or until the onions are dark golden brown. If the onions start to stick, you can deglaze the skillet with a splash of water.
- When there is 2 minutes remaining on the onions, stir in garlic and sauté for the remaining time. Remove from heat and transfer into a bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Once the onions have cooled, add them to a mixing bowl along with the sour cream, mayonnaise, green onions, parsley, and the remaining Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend Cajun Seasoning. Mix well until creamy, garnish with herbs, a few more dashes of Slap Ya Mama and enjoy.
- 4 Lobster Tails
- .75 cup butter
- 3 tsp granulated garlic
- 1.5 tsp Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend Cajun Seasoning
- Using scissors, cut the top of the lobster shell lengthways down the center, leaving the tail fin intact. Loosen tail meat from the shell, keeping the fin end attached. Lift the tail meat and lay atop of the shell. With a knife, cut tail down the middle to de-vein the tail. Place lobster tails, meat side up, on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small pot, combine butter, garlic, and Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend Seasoning. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter is melted and ingredients are combined. Generously spoon mixture over lobster tails and let the juices run into the bottom of the baking sheet. This helps to keep things moist while cooking.
- Heat grill to medium heat, place baking sheet on grill and grill for about 10 minutes or until meat is opaque. Serve and enjoy!!
For Louisianans, the name “Slap Ya Mama” has been synonymous with hometown, local Cajun flavor. While still viewed as the underdog compared to other famous Louisiana seasoning brands, Slap Ya Mama’s story is likely more vibrant — and far-reaching — than many would expect.
Photo Credit: Vegan Liftz
Summer is halfway over, but that doesn’t mean it’s too late to achieve your summer fitness goals. Sure, exercise is significant; however, diet is a much more, if not the most, important part of the fitness equation.
Everyone knows that Louisianians LOVE food. In fact, we have a festival for every type of food you can think of! Seafood festivals, fried chicken festivals, meat pie festivals, even Cajun hot sauce festivals! We not only love to eat; we also love to cook.
Corn Maque Choux
A classic creole dish that can be served as a side to any meal. This recipe is simple to make and a flavorful southern favorite for any occasion.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups corn
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 2 1/2 tsp. Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large tomato, chopped
Melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the corn, onions, bell peppers, jalapeño, Slap Ya Mama Original Seasoning and cook, stirring, until soft, for 10 minutes. Add the heavy cream, tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. When ready remove from heat and serve hot.
If your taste buds are looking for a sweet and spicy spark this 4th of July then our Firecracker Chicken is the dish for you. Our Cajun Hot Sauce brings the heat your summer cannot beat!
- ½ cup Slap Ya Mama Cajun Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Season to taste with Slap Ya Mama Original Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oil
In a small saucepan, combine the Hot sauce, apple cider vinegar, butter, minced garlic and light brown sugar over medium heat. Allow it to come to a boil, reduce heat so it simmers. Leave at a simmer until chicken is baked, when ready, drizzle and serve.
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil. Season chicken to taste with Slap Ya Mama Original Seasoning. Cook On the prepared grill for 12 minutes per side, or until chicken juice is no longer pink. Once the juice runs clear and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit you are ready to top chicken with Firecracker Sauce.
Garlic & Lime Beef Kabobs With A Smokey Chimichurri Sauce
When it comes to summer party food, you cannot go wrong with kabobs. Our Beef Kabobs topped with a smokey Chimichurri sauce will be the hit of your 4th of July celebration. Not only are these kabobs loaded with garlic and lime flavor but they are fun to make, and easy to grill and delicious to eat.
- 2 pounds beef, 1 1⁄2 inch cubes (strip, tenderloin, ribeye)
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- grape tomatoes
- red onion, chopped into large piecesSmokey Chimichurri Sauce:
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp Slap Ya Mama Green Pepper Sauce
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp coriander
1⁄2 tsp smoked paprika
Soak 8 10” wooden skewers in warm water.Preheat grill on medium-high heat.
Season meat with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning. Set aside. In a bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, lime zest and garlic; mix well. Combine meat and oil in a zip lock bag, making sure all meat is covered with the oil mixture.
Build kabobs alternating meat, tomato, onion until full.
Grill kabobs over medium-high heat, rotating until meat is charred and done to your desired temperature. Spoon chimichurri sauce over kabobs and enjoy.
Combine all ingredients into a food processor and pulse repeatedly until all cilantro and onions are minced and sauce is gritty. Place in a bowl and serve over kabobs.
Slap Ya Mama Ribeye Steaks with Cajun Butter
By Chris Grove at Nibble Me This
I’m a big believer in the fact that quality beef doesn’t need much more than salt, pepper, and a bit of fire to make a brilliantly tasty steak. But I’m also a believer in the truth that sometimes you have to shake things up a bit. These Ribeye Steaks with Cajun Butter fall into the latter category.
CAJUN BUTTER FOR STEAKS
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely diced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix ingredients together with a fork or masher.
- Form into a log or scoop into 1″ balls.
- Place on steaks immediately upon removing from heat.
I patted the steaks dry with a paper towel. Then I lightly oiled them with some canola oil and seasoned them with Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning. As soon as the steaks come off of the grill, I immediately crown them with a scoop or two of the Cajun butter. Next as a side, I fire roasted some potatoes on my Grilla Grills pellet cooker. Lastly, I stuffed them with shredded cheese, butter, sour cream, chives, and some of our homemade bacon.
Man, oh man, were these steaks great. They were boldly seasoned, had a delicious crust, and the butter just amplifies the flavor.
Sweet Stackhouse Slap Pork Tenderloin
by Gary Gee at 37 Cooks
- 3/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama Original Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3-4 pounds whole pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
Stir together first 9 ingredients. Reserve ½ cup.
Place pork in a large shallow dish or zip-top freezer bag. Pour remaining mustard mixture over pork. Cover or seal, and chill, turning occasionally, about 2 hours.
Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade.
Grill pork, covered, over medium-high heat, 10 to 15 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 140 degrees (check thinner portions sooner). Remove from grill and let rest 5 to 10 minutes. Cut pork into slices.
Bring reserved mustard mixture to a boil with stock in a saucepan. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes. Sprinkle chopped nuts over pork, and serve with sauce. Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Mama’s Chicken ‘n Waffles
by Tracy at 37 Cooks
“I love chicken and waffles. Slap Ya Mama Cajun Red Beans Rice brings it to an all-new level. Truth be told, the waffles are delicious all an their own. You can make the waffles several days in advance and freeze them.”
Red Beans and Rice Waffles:
- 1 box Slap Ya Mama Cajun Red Beans & Rice, cooked according to package directions and cooled to room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 5 Tablespoons shortening, melted and cooled
- 3 egg whites, beat until stiff peaks form
Preheat oven to 225°F.
Preheat waffle iron and spray with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir together the egg yolks, milk and melted shortening . Add the mixture to the sifted dry ingredients. Beat until just smooth. Stir in the cooled red beans and rice. Gently fold in the stiff egg whites. Pour 1/3 cup of mixture per waffle into the waffle iron and cook according to iron directions. Remove from iron and place on a baking sheet and repeat until all waffles are done. Place baking sheet into oven to keep waffles warm.
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup Slap Ya Mama Cajun Fish Fry
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 Teaspoons white pepper