Slap Ya Mama Ribeye Steaks with Cajun Butter
By Chris Grove at Nibble Me This
I’m a big believer in the fact that quality beef doesn’t need much more than salt, pepper, and a bit of fire to make a brilliantly tasty steak. But I’m also a believer in the truth that sometimes you have to shake things up a bit. These Ribeye Steaks with Cajun Butter fall into the latter category.
CAJUN BUTTER FOR STEAKS
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely diced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix ingredients together with a fork or masher.
- Form into a log or scoop into 1″ balls.
- Place on steaks immediately upon removing from heat.
I patted the steaks dry with a paper towel. Then I lightly oiled them with some canola oil and seasoned them with Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning. As soon as the steaks come off of the grill, I immediately crown them with a scoop or two of the Cajun butter. Next as a side, I fire roasted some potatoes on my Grilla Grills pellet cooker. Lastly, I stuffed them with shredded cheese, butter, sour cream, chives, and some of our homemade bacon.
Man, oh man, were these steaks great. They were boldly seasoned, had a delicious crust, and the butter just amplifies the flavor.