Corn Maque Choux
A classic creole dish that can be served as a side to any meal. This recipe is simple to make and a flavorful southern favorite for any occasion.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups corn
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 2 1/2 tsp. Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large tomato, chopped
Melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the corn, onions, bell peppers, jalapeño, Slap Ya Mama Original Seasoning and cook, stirring, until soft, for 10 minutes. Add the heavy cream, tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. When ready remove from heat and serve hot.