Mama’s Spicy Grilled Chicken Salad
Lighten up this summer without sacrificing flavor! Mama’s Spicy Grilled Chicken Salad makes for a savory protein packed meal. Loading it with vegetables and using quinoa in place of rice adds nutrition for a healthy dinner. Our Jalapeño Cilantro Dip tops it off with the perfect amount of spice.
Click Here for Recipe: Slap Ya Mama Jalapeño Cilantro Dip
- Put chicken in a ziplock bag. In a small bowl combine lime juice, Slap Ya Mama Green Pepper Sauce, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning. Pour the sauce over the chicken and seal the bag and let marinade for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Grill each side of the chicken for about 3-4 minutes or until cooked throughout and no longer pink.
- Slice chicken and set aside.
- In a bowl place a hand full of washed spinach.
- Scoop in 2-3 tablespoons of cooked quinoa (cook according to package).
- Add in cherry tomatoes and diced avocados.
- Place grilled chicken in the bowl and top-off the salad with our Slap Ya Mama Jalapeño Cilantro Dip.
Cajun Harvest Skillet
Don’t let fall slip away without checking off this warming, hearty recipe from your fall cooking bucket list! This one-pan chicken skillet will satisfy all your sweet and spicy cravings.
- 1 Tbsp Kinloch Pecan Oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, season to taste with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered (about 3/4 lb)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 8 oz)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp)
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama Low Sodium Blend
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
In a bowl add chicken and season to taste with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend. Heat the pecan oil in a large, nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium-high, until hot. Add chicken and brown thoroughly until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
Reduce skillet heat to medium-low. Add the chopped bacon and cook until crisp and brown, about 8 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and discard all but 1 Tbsp of the bacon fat.
With bacon fat still in the skillet, increase heat back to medium-high. Add Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, onion and 1 1/2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender and the onions are beginning to look translucent about 10 min.
Stir in the apples, garlic, thyme, and cinnamon. Cook 30 seconds, then pour 1/2 cup of broth and 1 tsp of Slap Ya Mama Low Sodium Blend. Bring to a boil and cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add the reserved chicken and remaining 1/2 cup broth. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in reserved bacon and serve warm. Enjoy!
Crispy Cajun Chicken Thighs
Run, don’t walk, and make these Crispy Cajun Chicken Thighs for dinner tonight! Coated with our Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, rosemary and a touch of lemon for a flavorful dish that is pan-fried and baked to golden perfection.
6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
1 Tbp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
1Tbs. Vegetable oil
1 lemon (small), cut in rounds
2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
Position a rack in the lower end of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Season the chicken thighs on both sides with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning. In a 12 inch ovenproof skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil until hot. Add the chicken, skin side down, and cook until the fat has rendered and the skin is crisp and golden brown, about 8 minutes.
Turn chicken to skin side up and scatter the lemon slices on top of the chicken. Transfer to the oven and roast until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh, registers 170 degrees Fahrenheit, approximately 20 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!
Sweet with a lil spicy kick, these Sweet Legs are definitely a crowd pleaser.
- 4 carrots
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 onion, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 bell pepper, chopped into 1” pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- 8 chicken legs
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 4 Tbsp cane syrup
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- pinch of: thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil
- Slap Ya Mama Low Sodium Blend Seasoning, to taste (optional)
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a 9” x 13” oven-proof dish, spread the vegetables evenly. In a large bowl, combine honey, cane syrup, maple syrup, Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning, brown sugar, thyme, rosemary, oregano and basil; mix well. Add in chicken legs to syrup mixture and toss well. Place chicken legs on top of the vegetables in the oven-proof dish and top with remaining syrup mixture from the bowl. Sprinkle Slap Ya Mama Low Sodium Blend Seasoning to taste over the whole dish and top each leg with a ½ Tbsp. of butter.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes, occasionally basting the chicken legs with the syrup mixture. Increase heat to 400 degrees F and bake for another 15 mins.
Serve and enjoy!