This meal was submitted in our Slap Ya Mama Virtual Cook-off. It was created by @cajsiancooking on Instagram! They are "Cajun gal and a Filipino guy" creating delicious Cajsian foods!
Mama’s Cajsian Fried Chicken
- 1 whole young chicken (quartered)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp Slap Ya Mama- Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Slap Ya Mama- Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- canola oil
Slapped Together Cheddar Beer “Biscuits”
- 3 cups self-rising flour ((can also use AP flour with 3 tsp baking powder if you don’t have self-rising). )
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 12 oz beer
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place chicken in a gallon ziplock bag with the buttermilk and seasoning. Massage the seasoning into the chicken, and let it marinate overnight.
- Fill a 5qt cast iron Dutch oven about halfway with the canola oil and bring it to 350°
- To prepare the dredge combine the flour, Slap Ya Mama- Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Then dust the chicken with the dredge.
Cooking the Chicken
- Begin frying in batches in this order: 1) breasts, 2) thighs/drumsticks, and 3) wings/drummettes.
- when frying is complete, put the chicken in the oven at 350° for 20 mins. Pull from oven and let rest for 10 mins.
- Preheat oven at 375°
- Combine and mix all ingredients
- Scoop into muffin tin, and bake for 25 minutes.