- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 2 tbsp Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1½ cups self-rising flour
- ¼ cup Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp chopped dill pickle
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 6 lettuce leaf
- 6 tomato slices
- Cut 3 large chicken breasts in ½ vertically
- Combine 1 cup whole buttermilk and 1 tablespoon Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce in a large bowl. Place chicken breasts in a bowl, arranging so that they are all coated with buttermilk mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 3-8 hours.
- Fill a large Dutch oven or deep cast-iron skillet ½ - ⅔ of the way with vegetable oil. Bring oil to 350° over medium heat
- While oil comes to correct temperature, combine 1 ½ cups self-rising flour and ¼ cup Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning in a shallow bowl. Stir well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine ½ cup mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons chopped dill pickle, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce, stirring to combine. Cover and set the bowl aside.
- Working in batches remove the chicken breast from the buttermilk mixture, allowing excess to run off. Coat both sides of chicken in flour mixture, gently shaking to remove excess. Fry chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until chicken is golden brown and fully cooked. Drain cooked chicken breast on a cooling rack that is set over a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle hot chicken with Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning