White Pepper Blend Poke Tuna Wraps
These Tuna wraps are a perfect healthy option for a spicy and refreshing meal. The marinated tuna could also be thrown on a bed of jasmine rice for a poke bowl.
Makes 2-3 servings
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Ponzu sauce, Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend and lime juice. Transfer the tuna to the marinade and let sit for a few minutes in the refrigerator, while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Slice cabbage and carrots into a slaw.
- Fill each lettuce cup with a desired amount of slaw. Place a mound of spicy tuna on top of wrap.
- Top each wrap with Slap Ya Mama Hot Sauce or pour into a bowl for dipping. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve the lettuce wraps with extra lime wedges!
Recipe by Catahoula Catering
Slap Ya Mama Crawfish Nachos
Crawfish nachos piled high with loads of left over crawfish and dripping in a spicy cheese sauce.
- 1 lb peeled crawfish tails
- 1 1/2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seafood Boil
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 3 cups grated pepper jack cheese
- 3 cups grated mild cheddar cheese
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper and green bell pepper
- 1 minced de-seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of Slap Ya Mama Cajun Hot Sauce (optional)
- Your favorite tortilla chips
- Gather 1 pound, or more (you really can’t have too much) of leftover crawfish tails from your boil.
- Or, if you’re using packaged tails, mix 1 ½ tsp of Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seafood Boil to season it up. This is a little trick I use if there aren’t any leftovers (which there shouldn’t be!).
- Mix all the dry seasonings: Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, mustard powder, cayenne pepper powder, and paprika.
- Get a block of both mild cheddar and pepper jack cheese, and grate until you have 3 cups of each. The cheeses melt better when you grate it yourself rather than buying the pre shredded stuff.
- In a pot, first, melt your butter on medium heat, and then add the vegetables: onion, celery, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, jalapeño pepper and garlic. Cook your vegetables until they are soft, and the onions are translucent (10-15 min). We aren’t trying to get any brown coloring here.
- Mix in the mayonnaise and dry seasonings to your cooked vegetables. Once the mayonnaise and seasonings are incorporated, add in your crawfish tails.
- When the crawfish tails start to curl, mix in the cheeses. Turn the heat down to medium low and stir occasionally until it’s fully melted.
- *This is optional* As a finishing touch, add the shot of Slap Ya Mama Cajun Hot Sauce to your crawfish queso, and mix until it is fully incorporated.
- Pour your Slap Ya Mama Crawfish Queso over a bed of your favorite tortilla chips, and enjoy!