The quintessential Cajun meal- find a reason to celebrate and enjoy. Pop off the head and suck the juices, peel off the shell and pop the meat in your mouth.
- 30-40 lbs Crawfish
- 6 cups kosher salt divided
- 4 (1-pound) bags Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seafood Boil, divided
- 10 lemons, halved
- 10 lbs red potatoes, quartered
- 8 lbs corn, shucked and halved
- 16 heads garlic, halved crosswise
- 8 lbs andouille sausage, cut into thirds
- Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning (to taste )
- In a large bucket or cooler, place live crawfish, 3 cups salt, and water to cover. Let stand for 30 minutes, discarding any crawfish that float to the top (which indicates crawfish are dead). Rinse crawfish thoroughly using cold water.
- In a large outdoor 60-gallon pot with a crawfish basket, place 2 bags Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seafood Boil, lemons(squeezing juices), and remaining 3 cups salt. Fill halfway with water, and bring to a boil over high heat on a heavy-duty outdoor burner. Add potatoes, corn, and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.