Cajun Shrimp Casserole
Here in Louisiana, we love seafood and one of our favorite seafood staples is shrimp. Just like out of a scene from Forrest Gump, we like our shrimp fried, boiled, barbecued, and any way in between. However, sometimes life gets so busy that cooking an elaborate meal becomes difficult. Casseroles are a great way to make a large amount of food, with minimal cleanup and of course: a delicious taste.
Here at Slap Ya Mama, our seasonings can add the flavor you desire to any dish. This hearty Cajun dinner recipe is filled with shrimp, cheese, rice and its cajun flair with okra, bell peppers and Slap Ya Mama seasoning.
- 2 pounds peeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced okra
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning (for those who like it hot, try our HOT Cajun Seasoning)
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnishes: quartered lemon slices, fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
How to Make It
- Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; sauté 7 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in okra, lemon juice, and salt; sauté 5 minutes. Add shrimp, and cook 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in soup and next 4 ingredients until blended. Pour into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and cheese is lightly browned. Garnish, if desired.
- (10-ounce) package frozen onions and peppers may be substituted for fresh onion and bell peppers.
- (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup may be substituted for cream of shrimp soup.
We love to hear feedback on our recipes here at Slap Ya Mama! If you try this delicious casserole and it was a hit with you and your loved ones, let us know in the comments. Happy Cooking!
Can you make this without the cheese? I’m lactose intolerant
Yes, you do not have to use the cheese.