Looking for a crowd-pleasing seafood recipe? Look no further than this mouth-watering Slap Ya Mama fish fry platter that features a delicious assortment of crispy oysters, juicy catfish, and succulent shrimp. Coated in a crispy blend of Slap Ya Mama Fish Fry that is infused with the signature Slap Ya Mama seafood boil. These fried fish will leave your taste buds dancing with delight. The combination of textures and flavors is simply irresistible, making it the perfect dish for any occasion, from family gatherings to parties. Whether you're an experienced seafood chef or a novice cook, this recipe is easy to follow and will have your guests begging for more. So fire up the fryer and get ready to impress with this amazing seafood platter!
- 1 lb Shrimp
- 1 lb Catfish Filets
- 1 lb Fresh Oysters
- Eggs for egg wash
- Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend
- 1 box Slap Ya Mama Fish Fry
- Lemon (Garnish )
- Parsley (Garnish )
- Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- Start by preparing the egg wash. Crack eggs into a small bowl and beat them until they are well blended. Add 1 tablespoon of Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend to the bowl and stir the mixture well to combine.
- In another shallow dish or bowl, pour in the entire box of Slap Ya Mama Fish Fry mix. Spread the mix out evenly in the dish so that it is easy to coat the seafood.
- Take the catfish fillets and dip them one by one into the egg wash, making sure they are fully coated. Then, transfer them to the fish fry mix and coat them well on both sides, gently pressing the mix onto the fish to help it stick.
- Heat up a deep fryer or a large pot with oil to 350°F. Once the oil has reached the desired temperature, carefully place the coated catfish fillets into the oil and fry them for 2 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- For the shrimp, start by removing the shells and deveining them. Dip each shrimp first into the egg wash, then the fish fry mix, and repeat this process twice. This will give the shrimp a double coating and extra crunch. Fry the shrimp in the hot oil for 1-2 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- To fry the oysters, dip each one into the egg wash and then coat them in the fish fry mix. Carefully add the oysters to the hot oil and fry them for about 2 minutes or until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Once all of the seafood has been fried, remove them from the oil with a slotted spoon and place them onto a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil.
- Arrange the seafood on a platter, garnish with fresh herbs or lemon wedges, Slap Ya Mama Hot Sauce and serve with your favorite french fries. Enjoy this delicious Slap Ya Mama fish fry platter with friends and family!