Cajun Fried Turkey
Makes 10 to 14 servings
If you’ve never tried frying a turkey, what are you waiting for? Get ready for perfectly crispy skin and classic Cajun flavors.
- 1 (5-ounce) bottle Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 1 (12-to-16-pound) turkey
- 5 gallons peanut oil
- In a medium saucepan, heat Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce, butter, lemon juice, and Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Cajun Seasoning over low heat until butter is melted. Using a large syringe, inject marinade into all meaty areas of turkey (breasts, thighs, legs, and wings). If possible, let turkey marinade for 2 to 4 hours in refrigerator. Remove turkey at least 30 min before frying.
- Prepare turkey fryer according to manufacturer’s instructions. Fill fryer stockpot with peanut oil to within 10 to 12 inches of top. Heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 300°. Lower turkey very slowly and carefully into pot, and cover. Maintain a temperature of 280° to 310°. Fry for 3 1/2 minutes per pound of turkey; the internal temperature should be 165°. (For a 12-pound turkey, fry for approximately 42 minutes.) Remove turkey from pot, and let drain. Wrap in foil, and let stand for at least 15 minutes before carving.