Pot-Roasted Whole Duck
Create a warm and inviting meal for your family with the rich smells and taste of roasted duck, perfect for any special gathering.
Makes about 6 servings
- 1 (5-pound) whole duck
- 2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 2 large sweet onions, quartered
- 4 stalks celery, halved
- 3 large green bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 4 heads garlic, halved
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Using a sharp knife, prick skin of duck; sprinkle duck with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning.
- In a large oval Dutch oven, place onion celery, bell pepper, and garlic in an even layer; place duck on top.
- Roast until skin is light golden brown, about 40 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 400°, and roast until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 170°, about 50 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar and melted butter until smooth. Brush over duck skin during last 10 minutes of cooking. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Slap Ya Mama Sloppy Joes.
Nothing like Mama’s classic Sloppy Joes to remind you of your childhood. This crowd-pleasing sandwich has a thick meaty filling smothered in our Cajun Pepper Sauce. You definitely need a fork and a few napkins to eat this mouthwatering meal!
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and season with 2 tsp of Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, brown ground beef for about 5 minutes, making sure to break up meat and brown all sides. Drain and add meat back into skillet.
- Add onions and bell peppers to skillet with ground meat and cook 2-3 minutes, until soft. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds or so, until fragrant. Add in tomato paste and mix well.
- Add ketchup, water, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until mixture has thickened to your liking.
- Remove from heat and serve on toasted buns. Top it off with a little Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce.
Ultimate Cajun Burger
Next time your craving a burger, make it Cajun! Spice up your patties, and serve them hot off the grill.
Makes approximately 6 burger patties.
- Bacon (cook according to package)
- American Cheese
- In a large bowl mix beef, pork, bell pepper, onions, jalapeño, Worcestershire sauce, Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce, and Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Cajun Seasoning.
- Form approximately 6 large patties.
- Grill on med-high heat until desired temperature.
- Build your burger and dress to your liking.