Pot-Roasted Whole Duck
Create a warm and inviting meal for your family with the rich smells and taste of roasted duck, perfect for any special gathering.
Makes about 6 servings
- 1 (5-pound) whole duck
- 2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 2 large sweet onions, quartered
- 4 stalks celery, halved
- 3 large green bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 4 heads garlic, halved
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Using a sharp knife, prick skin of duck; sprinkle duck with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning.
- In a large oval Dutch oven, place onion celery, bell pepper, and garlic in an even layer; place duck on top.
- Roast until skin is light golden brown, about 40 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 400°, and roast until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 170°, about 50 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar and melted butter until smooth. Brush over duck skin during last 10 minutes of cooking. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.