Slap Ya Mama Poutine is a delicious and indulgent twist on the classic Canadian dish. This southern-style version is made with crispy French fries, white cheddar cheese curds (or mozzarella cubes), and smothered in rich gravy that's been seasoned with Slap Ya Mama. The result is a comforting and satisfying meal that's perfect for sharing with friends and family. Whether you're a poutine lover or a fan of Southern cuisine, this dish is sure to impress your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
- 8 oz white cheddar cheese curds (or mozzarella cubes)
- 1 bag your favorite type of fries (we used premade crinkle cut)
- 1½ cup beef broth or beef stock
- ½ cup chicken broth or chicken stock
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2½ tbsp tablespoons cornstarch
- Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning (to taste )
- Heat the oil to 360 degrees Fahrenheit in a deep fryer or large pot.
- Fry the French fries until golden brown and crispy. Remove to paper towels to drain and work in batches
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the beef broth, chicken broth, onion powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a low boil while whisking frequently
- In a small bowl, whisk together the water and cornstarch until smooth. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the broth mixture and cook until thickened. Season with Slap Ya Mama to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Sprinkle the cheese curds over the French fries and top with the mozzarella balls. Place in the preheated oven for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly
- Spoon the hot gravy over the top of the cheese and fries. Sprinkle with Slap Ya Mama seasoning, if desired
- Serve immediately for best results. Enjoy your delicious poutine!