This spicy sandwich was cooked up by Grant King, a member of our Slap Krewe! Grant cooks up delicious recipes all the time! Click here for more of Grants recipes!
- Sour Dough Bread
- Cherry Tomatoes
- ⅓ cup Ranch
- ⅔ cup Slap Ya Mama Buffalo Sauce
- Corn Starch
- Slap Ya Mama Seasoning
- ½ cup Milk
- Chicken Breast
- Vegetable Oil
- Slice chicken breast to preferred size. The thicker the chicken, the longer it will need to cook.
- In one bowl, mix flour, seasonings, and corn starch together. In another bowl, whisk one egg with 1/2 cup of milk. Dunk your chicken into the egg mixture, then immediately into the dry mixture, and be sure to coat thoroughly. -Repeat this process once.
- In a medium pot, bring your vegetable oil to medium heat. Make sure there is enough oil to fully submerge your chicken.
- Once your oil is at the right temperature, drop your chicken breast in and allow it to cook for 5-8 minutes depending on the size. The chicken should be golden brown on the outside and cooked through on the inside. Note: if the chicken browns excessively fast on the outside, your oil is too hot. Allow chicken to rest on a paper towel for 2-3 minutes after cooking.
- Mix together 2/3 cup buffalo sauce and 1/3 cup of ranch. Completely cover your chicken breast in sauce.
- Toast each side of your sourdough in a pan with butter until golden brown. Add a thin layer of mayo to the bottom bread. Rough chop cilantro and add a layer down. Add chicken breast and thinly sliced avocado. Next, slice your cherry tomatoes in half and sauté them in a little oil until soft. Add these on top of the avocado. Add more buffalo ranch sauce. Add top piece of toast