Cooked with vegetables and seasoning, this hearty stew is a fresh way to serve pork chops. Find more delicious recipes in our cookbook Growing Up Cajun! You’ll find everything in this cookbook for an authentic Cajun feast, like Mama Jen’s Cajun Cornbread and Cajun Mardi Gras staples, such as Chicken & Sausage Gumbo. From squirrel season to crawfish season, you’ll be inspired by the true flavors of Louisiana.
- 1 tbsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 6 (1-inch-thick) bone-in pork loin chops
- ½ cup dark roux
- 3 cups water
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp Slap Ya Mama Hot Cajun Seasoning
- ¾ cup chopped green onion
- ¾ cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice, to serve
- Garnish: chopped green onion, minced fresh parsley
- Sprinkle Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning over both sides of pork chops; set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, whisk together Dark Roux and 3 cups water until blended. Add bell pepper, onion, garlic, and Slap Ya Mama Hot Cajun Seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add pork chops; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Rotate chops. Add green onion and parsley; cover and cook until a meat thermometer inserted in pork registers 145°, 3 to 5 minutes more. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice. Garnish with green onion and parsley, if desired.