Forget pasta-combine these beef and pork meatballs with warm broth and water!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 large sweet onion chopped, chopped (about 2 cups) and divided
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup) and divided
- 2 tsps Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup Dark roux (recipe follows)
- 2 tsps minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- hot cooked rice to serve
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, combine beef, pork, and a small amount of onion and bell pepper. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and Worcestershire. Add egg mixture to meat mixture, and mix well with your hands. Shape mixture into 12 palm-size meat balls. Set aside.
- Fill a 10-inch cast-iron stockpot or Dutch oven with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a medium. Add roux; cook, stirring constantly, until melted. Reduce heat; add meatballs, garlic, remaining onion, remaining bell pepper, and water to cover meatballs. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon of Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning.; stir carefully. Cook over medium heat for about 1½ hours, stirring occasionally. Stir in green onion and parsley during last 10 minutes of cooking. Serve hot cooked rice.
- In a 8-quart stockpot, heat oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes; add flour stirring to combine. Cook stirring frequently, until peanut butter roux forms, about 20 minutes.