Mama's Muffuletta is not your average deli meat sandwich-layers of meat, cheese, and olives are served up on fresh bread to create this instant favorite. This recipe is from our Cookbook Growing Up Cajun! You’ll find everything in this cookbook for an authentic Cajun feast, like Mama Jen’s Cajun Cornbread and Cajun Mardi Gras staples, such as Chicken & Sausage Gumbo. From squirrel season to crawfish season, you’ll be inspired by the true flavors of Louisiana. Click here to order your cookbook today!
Servings 8 people
- 2 (9-inch) Round Loaves Muffuletta Bread*, Halved Crosswise
- ½ pound Thinly Sliced Salami
- ½ pound Thinly Sliced Cappicola
- ½ pound Thinly Sliced Mortadella
- ½ pound Thinly Sliced Soppressata
- ½ pound Thinly Sliced Provolone
- 5 cups Prepared Olive Salad
- ¼ tsp Slap Ya Mama - Low Sodium Cajun Seasoning
- Slap Ya Mama- Green Pepper Sauce
- On the bottom half of each bread loaf, layer salami, cappicola, mortadella, soppressata, and provolone.
- Slice sandwiches into quarters. (muffulettas may be made up to 3 hours ahead; wrap securely, and refrigerate until ready to serve.)
*We used Leidenheimer Muffuletta Bread.