All the spices and flavors of chuck roast are combined with sandwich fixin's and fresh rolls- lunch is served. This delicious recipe is from our Growing Up Cajun Cookbook. Whether it’s a holiday, a family gathering, or just a Saturday spent with friends eating crawfish, these dishes are made for joyful occasions spent with music, laughter, and everyone pitching in to create a delicious meal.
- 1 (2.5-pound) beef chuck roast
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced carrot
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Slap Ya Mama Cajun Hot Sauce
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ciabatta rolls, halved
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced
- Make small cuts about every 3 inches into roast, being careful not to pierce through to bottom; insert garlic slices into cuts. Sprinkle both sides of roast with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over high heat until almost smoking. Carefully add roast; cook until well browned on all sides. Remove from pan; reduce heat to medium. Add onion and carrot; cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Return roast to pan; add stocks, Worcestershire, Slap Ya Mama Cajun Hot Sauce, thyme, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a low. Cover and simmer until meat is fork-tender, about 3hours. Using 2 forks, shred beef.
- Using a spatula, spread mayonnaise onto bottom half of each roll. Top with lettuce and tomato. Spoon roast beef with gravy on top. Cover with top half of roll!