Click Here for Growing Up Cajun Series Recipe VideoIt’s not a family gathering until someone brings the candied yams. There won’t be any leftovers from this dish.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, (peeled and cut into 1 ½-inch chunks)
- 4 cups apple cider
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, (melted)
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning.
- ½ tsp apple pie spice
- ½ tsp orange zest
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
Candied Pecans Ingredients
- 6 tbsp firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Cajun Seasoning.
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 ½ cup pecan halves, (toasted)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium Dutch oven, bring sweet potatoes, apple cider, and 2 cups water to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer until tender,15 to 17 minutes. drain, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid.
- In a large bowl, place sweet potatoes reserved 1/3 cup cooking liquid, sugars, melted butter, Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, apple pie spice, Zest, and salt. Using a potato masher, mash to desired consistency. Stir in eggs. Spoon into prepared pan spreading evenly. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more. Sprinkle with marshmallows and Candied Pecans. Bake until marshmallows are lightly browned, about 7 minutes more.
Candied Pecans Directions
- Line a small baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, combine brown sugar, butter, Slap Ya Mama Hot Cajun Seasoning, and Salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring until coated. Spoon mixture onto prepared pan. Let stand until completely cool. Break into pieces.
Your recipe comments #4. Bake for 30 Minutes, but does not mention the heat setting for that amount of time. I am anxious to prepare this for my customers.
We have updated the recipe.