Slap’s Beef Pot Roast
Nothing screams, “feel good food” more than a pot roast. Follow this easy recipe for a delicious beef pot roast the whole family will enjoy.
- 3 - 4 lbs beef chuck roast, boneless
- 12 cloves garlic, halved and divided
- 3 Tbsp. Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 bell pepper, chopped into chunks
- 10 whole carrots, peeled
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 small red potatoes, rinsed
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Preheat oven at 350°
- Make 12 small cuts in roast just deep enough to insert half a clove of garlic (being careful not to pierce through the bottom). Insert half of garlic into cuts. Sprinkle both sides of roast with 2 tablespoons Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Carefully add roast; cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove roast, and set aside. ( Some garlic will fall out; insert back into roast.)
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pot. Add onion, bell pepper, carrots, and remaining garlic; cook until onion becomes slightly translucent and browned, about 8 minutes. Remove carrots, and set aside. Add 1/2 cup water; cook, scraping browned bits from the bottom of Dutch oven with a wooden spoon. Add roast, carrots, potatoes, thyme, remaining 1 tablespoon Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, and enough water to reach halfway up sides of roast. Bring to a boil; cover and place in oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°. Bake for 2 hours for a 3- pound roast or 3 hours for a 4-pound roast. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve over white rice and enjoy.
*Brown – To sear thoroughly