Having friends over for a big game? This 7 Layer Party Dip with Homemade Tortilla Chips, is the perfect game-time dish! WHO DAT!
Servings 8 people
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into triangles
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 16oz can refried bean
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Start by making the tortilla chips. Fill a large saucepan with oil until it is ½ an inch deep. Heat the over medium-high heat until the oil reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit then reduce heat to medium to retain temperature, check now and then to ensure the temperature is maintained. Fry tortillas in an even layer for about 2-3 minutes, until they are lightly golden brown. Use a spider strainer to remove from the oil then transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet to drain the excess oil. Sprinkle with Duxbury Saltworks Sea Salt and let cool. Repeat with remaining tortillas until all have been fried, then set aside.
- Next, make the spicy refried beans by mixing refried beans with Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Assemble the dip in either small plastic cups or small juice glasses. Begin to layer ingredients, starting with the spicy refried beans, sour cream, guacamole, and pico de gallo, spooning about 2 tablespoons of each ingredient. Top with an even layer of shredded Mexican cheese and a sprinkle of green onions and olives. Top with chopped cilantro for garnish. Serve with homemade tortilla chips and enjoy!