Life's too short to eat bland mashed potatoes. Turn up the heat and throw a little spice into these spuds.
Servings 4 servings
- 3 lbs russet potatoes
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ tsp minced garlic (optional)
- Garnish: sliced jalapeño
- Peel potatoes, and cut into bite-size pieces. Cover bottom of a large stockpot with oil, and heat over high heat. Add potatoes, and stir until coated with oil. Season with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, to taste and begin to brown potatoes, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to stir while adding onion, bell pepper, and garlic(if desired). Fill pot with water until it reaches top of the potatoes. Bring to a full boil, and stir occasionally from top of pot to bottom.
- When potatoes begin to break down, reduce heat to a slow boil, and stir frequently to prevent sticking. Continue with a slow boil until potatoes have a thick, chunky consistency. Once this consistency is reached remove from heat and let stand while stirring occasionally for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with jalapeño and additional Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning.