- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- .5 cup greek yogurt
- .5 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- brown sugar (to taste)
- 6 tbsp light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 3 tbsp butter (unsalted)
- .25 tsp Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Cajun Seasoning.
- .125 tsp kosher salt
- 1.5 cups pecan halves (toasted)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Pierce the potatoes with a fork, place in a large baking pan and bake until soft (time will vary depending on the size of your sweet potatoes, anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes).
- In the meantime, in a medium skillet, combine brown sugar, butter, Slap Ya Mama Hot Cajun Seasoning, and salt. Once butter is melted add in 1 1/2 cup of pecans, stirring until coated. Set aside until sweet potatoes are ready to be topped off and baked for the second time.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the baked insides. Try to keep from tearing the skins much as possible!
- Place the potato skins back in the baking pan. Mash the baked sweet potato flesh in a bowl until smooth. Mix in the Greek yogurt, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup (and brown sugar, if using). Scoop this filling into the sweet potato skins.
- Scoop the candied pecans onto the top of filled potatoes and for the second time bake at 400°F for 12-15 minutes.
I can’t wait to bake and eat!