Add a fun twist to the classic sweet potato casserole. These twice-baked sweet potatoes are easy to whip up and take on the go to all your holiday parties. To top it off, Mama is keeping it oh so sweet yet spicy with her candied pecans seasoned with our Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning.
Servings 4 people
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- .5 cup greek yogurt
- .5 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- brown sugar (to taste)
- 6 tbsp light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 3 tbsp butter (unsalted)
- .25 tsp Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Cajun Seasoning.
- .125 tsp kosher salt
- 1.5 cups pecan halves (toasted)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Pierce the potatoes with a fork, place in a large baking pan and bake until soft (time will vary depending on the size of your sweet potatoes, anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes).
- In the meantime, in a medium skillet, combine brown sugar, butter, Slap Ya Mama Hot Cajun Seasoning, and salt. Once butter is melted add in 1 1/2 cup of pecans, stirring until coated. Set aside until sweet potatoes are ready to be topped off and baked for the second time.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the baked insides. Try to keep from tearing the skins much as possible!
- Place the potato skins back in the baking pan. Mash the baked sweet potato flesh in a bowl until smooth. Mix in the Greek yogurt, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup (and brown sugar, if using). Scoop this filling into the sweet potato skins.
- Scoop the candied pecans onto the top of filled potatoes and for the second time bake at 400°F for 12-15 minutes.