Creole Green Beans
Fresh Green Beans sautéed with fresh garlic and Slap Ya Mama seasonings, making these Creole Green Beans the perfect side dish.
By: Chef Ace Champion
- Using a large skillet, heat the butter until nice and hot on a medium-high heat.
- Place the green beans into the pan and toss lightly so that all green beans are covered in butter. Cook for about 1 minute then season the green beans with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning.
- Cook for another 2 minutes and add seasoning again. Taste the green beans and add seasoning according to your taste.
- Add garlic and cook for another 2 to 3 minute or until slightly softened.
- Remove from heat, serve and enjoy.
Note: Make sure you do not cook the green beans all the way. You must cook it lightly so that it still has its crunch and maintain their national value and texture.
Serve on the side of your favorite protein & starch.
Serving Size: 4 to 6
- 2 lbs fresh green beans; rinsed, ends cut off & halved
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped into ¼” pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup half & half
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- ½ tsp Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (4oz) sliced pimentos, drained
- 1 cup dried onions
In a large pot, fill half with water, add a dash of salt and bring water a light boil. Drop green beans in boiling water and boil for 3 to 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove from boiling water and immediately drop into a large bowl of ice water. Once the beans have cooled, drain and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a skillet over medium heat, add bacon pieces and cook for a couple minutes. Add onions and garlic to bacon and continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes or until bacon is done and onions are translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Once melted, sprinkle in flour, mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Add in milk and half & half. Continue cooking and mixing continuously until the sauce thickens about 5 minutes. Add Slap Ya Mama Original and Hot Blend Seasonings, brown sugar and cheese. Mix well and stir until the cheese melts then remove from heat. Now combine pimentos and bacon & onion mixture into the white sauce and mix well. In a 1 ½ quart baking/casserole dish, combine green beans and sauce mixture. Mix well and spread evenly across dish. Top the mixture with crunchy onions and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
On a cold day there is nothing better than a bowl of hearty beef & bean chili spiced up with Slap Ya Mama. Using our grandmother’s recipe, with a few changes, this spicy and hearty chili will hit the spot on any chili winter day.
- 1 lb ground beef (ground round)
- 1 lb beef sirloin steak, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies (10oz)
- 2 cans tomato sauce (8oz)
- 1 can tomato paste (6oz)
- ½ cup beef broth
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1 can kidney beans, drained & rinsed (15oz)
- 1 can pinto beans, drained & rinsed (15oz)
- 2 Tbsp Slap Ya Mama Pepper Sauce
- 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning, for seasoning meat
- olive oil
- shredded cheddar cheese - topping
- green onions, chopped - topping
Season meat with Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning. In a large pot on medium-high heat, coat bottom of pot with olive oil and add seasoned meat. Cook meat, stirring frequently until all meat is browned. Add onions, bell peppers, garlic and jalapeños. Sauté until onions and bell peppers are soft. Reduce heat to medium, stir in rotel, tomato sauce, tomato paste, beef broth, water, chili powder, cumin, oregano, beans, Slap Ya Mama Pepper Sauce, Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning and mix well. Bring to a slight boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally. Serve in a bowl, top with cheddar and green onions. Eat with tortilla chips or crackers and enjoy!