Creole Green Beans
Fresh Green Beans sautéed with fresh garlic and Slap Ya Mama seasonings, making these Creole Green Beans the perfect side dish.
By: Chef Ace Champion
- Using a large skillet, heat the butter until nice and hot on a medium-high heat.
- Place the green beans into the pan and toss lightly so that all green beans are covered in butter. Cook for about 1 minute then season the green beans with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning.
- Cook for another 2 minutes and add seasoning again. Taste the green beans and add seasoning according to your taste.
- Add garlic and cook for another 2 to 3 minute or until slightly softened.
- Remove from heat, serve and enjoy.
Note: Make sure you do not cook the green beans all the way. You must cook it lightly so that it still has its crunch and maintain their national value and texture.
Serve on the side of your favorite protein & starch.
Serving Size: 4 to 6
On a cold day there is nothing better than a bowl of hearty beef & bean chili spiced up with Slap Ya Mama. Using our grandmother’s recipe, with a few changes, this spicy and hearty chili will hit the spot on any chili winter day.
- 1 lb ground beef (ground round)
- 1 lb beef sirloin steak, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies (10oz)
- 2 cans tomato sauce (8oz)
- 1 can tomato paste (6oz)
- ½ cup beef broth
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1 can kidney beans, drained & rinsed (15oz)
- 1 can pinto beans, drained & rinsed (15oz)
- 2 Tbsp Slap Ya Mama Pepper Sauce
- 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning, for seasoning meat
- olive oil
- shredded cheddar cheese - topping
- green onions, chopped - topping
Season meat with Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning. In a large pot on medium-high heat, coat bottom of pot with olive oil and add seasoned meat. Cook meat, stirring frequently until all meat is browned. Add onions, bell peppers, garlic and jalapeños. Sauté until onions and bell peppers are soft. Reduce heat to medium, stir in rotel, tomato sauce, tomato paste, beef broth, water, chili powder, cumin, oregano, beans, Slap Ya Mama Pepper Sauce, Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning and mix well. Bring to a slight boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally. Serve in a bowl, top with cheddar and green onions. Eat with tortilla chips or crackers and enjoy!