On a cold day there is nothing better than a bowl of hearty beef & bean chili spiced up with Slap Ya Mama. Using our grandmother’s recipe, with a few changes, this spicy and hearty chili will hit the spot on any chili winter day.
- 1 lb ground beef (ground round)
- 1 lb beef sirloin steak, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies (10oz)
- 2 cans tomato sauce (8oz)
- 1 can tomato paste (6oz)
- ½ cup beef broth
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1 can kidney beans, drained & rinsed (15oz)
- 1 can pinto beans, drained & rinsed (15oz)
- 2 Tbsp Slap Ya Mama Pepper Sauce
- 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning, for seasoning meat
- olive oil
- shredded cheddar cheese - topping
- green onions, chopped - topping
Season meat with Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning. In a large pot on medium-high heat, coat bottom of pot with olive oil and add seasoned meat. Cook meat, stirring frequently until all meat is browned. Add onions, bell peppers, garlic and jalapeños. Sauté until onions and bell peppers are soft. Reduce heat to medium, stir in rotel, tomato sauce, tomato paste, beef broth, water, chili powder, cumin, oregano, beans, Slap Ya Mama Pepper Sauce, Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning and mix well. Bring to a slight boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally. Serve in a bowl, top with cheddar and green onions. Eat with tortilla chips or crackers and enjoy!
Really good thanks
– 20 this morn made this yesterday so had the left overs for breakfast
That’s great to hear. Leftovers are the best!
Always looking for a great chili recipe and this is one to keep. Easy to adapt heat to taste also.