Servings 8 servings
- 2 lbs fresh green beans; (rinsed, ends cut off & halved)
- 4 slices of bacon, (chopped in ¼" pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic, (minced)
- ½ large onion, (chopped)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup half & half
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- ½ tsp Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (4oz) sliced pimentos, (drained)
- 1 cup dried onions
- In a large pot, fill half with water, add a dash of salt and bring water a light boil. Drop green beans in boiling water and boil for 3 to 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove from boiling water and immediately drop into a large bowl of ice water. Once the beans have cooled, drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add bacon pieces and cook for a couple minutes. Add onions and garlic to bacon and continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes or until bacon is done and onions are translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Once melted, sprinkle in flour, mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Add in milk and half & half. Continue cooking and mixing continuously until the sauce thickens about 5 minutes. Add Slap Ya Mama Original and Hot Blend Seasonings, brown sugar and cheese. Mix well and stir until the cheese melts then remove from heat. Now combine pimentos and bacon & onion mixture into the white sauce and mix well. In a 1 ½ quart baking/casserole dish, combine green beans and sauce mixture. Mix well and spread evenly across dish. Top the mixture with crunchy onions and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!