Looking for some new authentic cuisine options? Slap Ya Mama has just the thing! Try our new Ya-Ka-Mein Soup recipe. It’s a New Orleans favorite on the famous Vietnamese soup, Pho. It is considered by many to be the best hangover cure and pretty much a lifesaver. Traditionally made with beef, spaghetti, spices, green onions and hard-boiled eggs, “Old Sober” contains everything needed to overcome those dreadful mornings after a long night of partying. However, it is so delicious you don’t have to have a hangover to enjoy Ya-Ka-Mein.
- 2 lbs beef flank steak, 1/8 “ thick X 2” long slices
- 1 ½ lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp beef base
- 8 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and set aside
- ½ medium yellow onion, thinly julienned
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, diced
- 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama’s Who Dat? Cajun Seasoning
- 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 – 5 quarts water
- 1 pound angel hair pasta, cooked to package directions
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced for topping
- Chili Hot Sauce (Sriracha) to taste for spicing up your own bowl
Fill a large stockpot with water over high heat. Add flank steak, beef base, onion, celery, kosher salt, oil, Worcestershire sauce and the Slap Ya Mama’s Who Dat? and Hot Blend Seasonings. Mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. With 10 minutes left of simmering, add shrimp, boiled eggs and cilantro.
Assembly of Soup:
Place a serving of pasta in the bottom of a bowl, with a slotted spoon add beef and shrimp to the top of the pasta, add a boiled egg (whole or halved), fill bowl with beef broth and top with green onions. Add a few dashes of chili hot sauce to really spice it up. Enjoy!
This is the best season i have ever tried who ever came out with this thank you