This tasty food was submitted in our Slap Ya Mama Virtual Cook-off by A.C. Williams. Give this dish a try and tag us on Instagram @slapyamama! A.C. Williams's Instagram: @like_the_air_conditioner
Servings 4 people
- Slap Ya Mama Original Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 2 inch Knob of Ginger
- 2 large Cloves of Garlic
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Chili Oil
- ½ tsp Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 4, 8 oz Pork Steaks
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- 4 slices Mozzarella
- Sliced Green Onions
- Olive Oil
- Pour coconut milk, lime juice, chili oil, turmeric, and 1 tbsp of Slap Ya Mamma into a large bowl.
- Grate the garlic and ginger into the marinade above.
- Heavily salt pork steaks and add to the marinade. Let rest for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash, peel, and cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Let potato slices sit in cold water for 20 minutes.
- Wash, dry, and de-stem kale. Place onto a baking sheet and lightly drizzle olive oil and Slap Ya Mamma over top.
- Cook kale for 7-9 minutes until crispy. Set aside.
- Thoroughly dry potato slices and place onto a baking sheet in a single layer. Seasoning with a generous amount of Slap Ya Mamma and 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Cook potatoes for 22-25 minutes or until crispy, making sure to shake the pan once or twice to ensure even browning. Set oven to broil after removing.
- Remove pork steaks from marinade and grill over high heat for 10 minutes per side. Make sure to brush remaining marinade over steaks after flipping.
- Add a slice of mozzarella on top of each steak and broil on a baking sheet until melted (about 1 minute and 30 seconds). Let steak rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Pour half a cup of the remaining marinade into a small saucepan and cook over high heat. Once bubbling, remove from heat and mix in sour cream and green onions. Transfer to a bowl for dipping.
- Top steaks with a little more Slap Ya Mamma, plate, and ENJOY!