This family favorite and Maw Maw’s most famous recipe is served up at every Walker holiday dinner and family gathering. After you give it a try, it just might become one of your family’s most requested recipes, too.
- ½ (14.1 oz) package refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, (melted)
- 3 large eggs, (well beaten)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll dough. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate, pressing into bottom and up the sides. Fold edges under, and crimp as desired. Prick bottom of dough a few times with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar, melted butter, and eggs. Add pecans and corn syrup, stirring well. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake until edges are set and center is slightly jiggly 45 to 55 minutes.
I’m going to try this but I’m going to add a big pinch of slap ya mama. I’ll let you know how it goes.