Maw Maw’s Pecan Pie
This family favorite and Maw Maw’s most famous recipe is served up at every Walker holiday dinner and family gathering. After you give it a try, it just might become one of your family’s most requested recipes, too.
Makes 1 (9-inch) Pie.
- 1/2 (14.1- ounce) package refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll dough. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate, pressing into bottom and up the sides. Fold edges under, and crimp as desired. Prick bottom of dough a few times with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together sugar, melted butter, and eggs. Add pecans and corn syrup, stirring well. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake until edges are set and center is slightly jiggly 45 to 55 minutes.
Cooking Tip from Mama Jen
When prebaking a pie crust, always prick the bottom of the crust several times with a fork before baking so that it does not bubble up.