Baked with crunchy pecans and a little bit of spice, this sweet bread is a perfect treat to take to friends and neighbors--no special events required.This delicious dessert comes from our cookbook Growing Up Cajun. Whether it’s a holiday, a family gathering, or just a Saturday spent with friends eating crawfish, these dishes are made for joyful occasions spent with music, laughter, and everyone pitching in to create a delicious meal.
Servings 1 Loaf
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1½ cup cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 large)
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg whites
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup turbinado sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9x5-inch cast-iron loaf pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, brown sugar, and melted butter. Gradually add eggs and egg yolk, whisking to combine. Whisk in mashed banana and sour cream.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, toasted pecans, Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, baking soda, and baking powder. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture, stirring until combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg white until frothy. Stir in pecans, turbinado sugar, and vanilla. Spoon pecan mixture over batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes; cover with foil, and bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes more. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.