Buffalo Alligator Po’ Boys
Yields: 6 servings
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup Slap Ya Mama Cajun Hot Sauce
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound alligator meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (12-ounce) box Slap Ya Mama Cajun Fish Fry
- 6 (8-inch) New Orleans-style French bread pieces, split
- Blue Cheese Celery Slaw (recipe follows)
Blue Cheese Celery Slaw
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ (16-ounce) bag tricolor coleslaw mix
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 (5-ounce) container crumbled blue cheese
- In a large Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 2 inches, and heat over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350°.
- In a medium saucepan, bring hot sauce, butter, garlic powder, and Worcestershire to a simmer. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, toss together alligator meat and fish fry coating, shaking off excess. Carefully add to hot oil in batches, and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Let drain on paper towels. Toss in warm buffalo sauce.
- Place 8 to 10 alligator nuggets on bottom of each French bread piece, and top with Blue Cheese Celery Slaw. Serve immediately.
Blue Cheese Celery Slaw
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, celery salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, celery, and blue cheese. Add sour cream mixture to coleslaw mixture, and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
The Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
The perfect combination of cheese, bacon and onions make this grilled cheese sandwich one to be desired by many.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp of butter. Add onions and 1 tsp of Slap Ya Mama Low Sodium Blend Seasoning. Stirring consistently, sauté onions until they are golden brown and soft. Remove from pan and set aside on a plate.
Using the same skillet, fry the bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside on a paper towel covered plate to let drain.
In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce and ½ tsp of Slap Ya Mama Low Sodium Blend Seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
Sandwich Assembly: Spread mayo mixture on the inside of each slice of bread. Working from the bottom slice up, add 4 pieces of bacon, 2 slices of cheese, onions, 4 pieces of bacon, 2 more slices of cheese and top with a slice of bread. Using softened butter, spread 1 Tbsp of butter on the outside of the top slice of bread.
In a skillet over medium-low heat, place sandwich butter side down. Butter the top side of the sandwich with another 1 Tbsp and continue grilling sandwich on both sides until the bread is golden brown and the inside of the sandwich is ooey gooey with melted cheese.
Using a sharp serrated knife, cut sandwich in half and enjoy.
NOTE: This recipe will make 2 large grilled cheese sandwiches due to the fact that we used larger than normal slices of bread. If using regular sized slices of bread, this recipe may make 4 sandwiches total.
Slap Ya Mama Cajun Meatball Sandwiches brought to you by 37 Cooks features an amazing blend of delicious Cajun flavors that you have to taste to believe. Our signature Cajun gumbo dinner mix delivers unparalleled flavor complemented by our Cajun fish fry to deliver the final blow.Just as gumbo is a dish that can be made with many meats — or combinations of meats — these meatballs could be created with almost any ground meat you desire. Rather than beef and pork, perhaps throw in veal, bison, chicken or even shrimp! The resulting meatball is as warm, sloppy and delicious as a meatball sub from your favorite deli or concession stand, but the unconventional use of the Slap Ya Mama Cajun Gumbo Dinner Mix gives them a LOT of flavor with little effort. (Shh! Don’t tell.)
I particularly enjoyed the tomato sauce/unpickled giardiniera, though. Sweet and hot, cooked into a thick and chunky paste, it could be an ideal condiment for almost any hot sandwich.
Note: Instead of in sandwiches, the meatballs and vegetables can also be served alone or over another starch, such as rice or orzo pasta.
Slap Ya Mama Cajun Meatball Sandwiches
By Kate of 37 Cooks
For the meatballs:
For the sauce/giardiniera:
- 28-ounce can chopped fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
For the sandwiches:
- Sliced provolone cheese
- 8-10 sandwich buns, toasted
Combine milk and Slap Ya Mama Cajun Gumbo Dinner Mix in a large bowl, and allow to sit for at least 20 minutes for the gumbo mix to rehydrate.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare a baking sheet with a layer of parchment paper and a layer of cooking spray.
Add the remaining meatball ingredients to the bowl with the gumbo mix and mix together, only until combined. Do not overwork the meat mixture. Add more breadcrumbs if mixture is too moist.
Using a 2 Tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop the meat into balls and place on the baking sheet, making sure the meatballs do not touch.
Bake the meatballs for 8-10 minutes, until almost cooked through. Then turn the oven to broil for 2 minutes to toast the exterior; flip the meatballs and broil 1-2 minutes longer to toast the other side.
Meanwhile, for the sauce, combine the tomatoes, vegetables, oregano and sugar in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and allow to simmer 20-30 minutes. Stir regularly, smashing the tomatoes against the pan wall occasionally to break them up. The vegetables’ liquid should be almost completely evaporated. If not, continue to simmer until you achieve the desired consistency.
Assemble the sandwiches with a layer of sauce, the meatballs, provolone cheese and more sauce. Return the sandwiches to the warm oven to melt the cheese, if desired.
You love chicken, and you love waffles. Put them together and bring in Slap Ya Mama and you get Fried Chicken & Waffles Sandwich! Check out our amazing recipe for bringing this delectable creation to life complete with our original blend, Cajun hot sauce, and Cajun fish fry.
A new take on the classic chicken & waffles we all love so much. Give it a try and enjoy! Yummmm!!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 green onions, chopped
- cooking spray for waffle iron
Preheat waffle iron to 400 degrees F or whatever temperature your waffle iron suggest for waffles. In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning. Once combined, create a small crater in the middle of the mixture and set aside. In another bowl, crack eggs and whisk together. Pour eggs into the crater of the flour mixture; add in butter and buttermilk. Mix until combined and has reached a pouring consistency. Fold in cheddar cheese and green onions. Apply a light coat of cooking spray on the waffle iron. Pour about ½ cup waffle batter into each waffle cavity. Cook until golden brown. Place the cooked waffle on a wire rack over a cookie sheet and place in the oven at 200 degrees F. to keep warm. Continue the process until 8 waffles have been made.
Fried Chicken Breast
Fried Chicken Directions:
Cut each chicken breast in half making 6 pieces. In a large bowl, combine chicken, buttermilk and Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce. Toss until chicken is evenly covered with buttermilk. With chicken submerged in buttermilk, cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Place Slap Ya Mama Cajun Fish Fry in a shallow bowl. Dip a piece of chicken in the fish fry, being sure to coat well, dip back in the buttermilk and once more in the fish fry. Place the double dipped chicken breast on a wire rack placed on a cookie sheet and let rest for about 10 minutes while the batter dries on the chicken. Repeat the process until all chicken is battered. In a heavy bottomed pan, heat about 2 inches of peanut oil to 335 degrees F. Once oil is hot, fry chicken in batches, about 2 or 3 pieces at a time. Cook for about 5 minutes on the first side or until golden brown and crispy. Flip over and cook for another 4 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. (This cook time will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breast. Using a meat thermometer, the center of each chicken breast should register 165 degrees F to be considered fully cooked.) Place cooked chicken on a separate wire rack over a cookie sheet and place in a 200 degrees F oven to keep warm. Continue the process until all chicken is cooked.
Chicken & Waffles Sandwich
- 12 waffles
- 6 fried chicken
- 12 slices of bacon, cooked
- Sweet & Spicy Mayo (recipe follows)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted & sliced
Building the Sandwich:
With a chicken breast placed on top of a waffle, stack on bacon and drizzle the sweet & spicy mayo all over. Now add lettuce, tomato and avocados. Place another waffle on top making a beautiful and delicious chicken & waffles sandwich. Enjoy!
Sweet & Spicy Mayo
In a medium bowl, combine mayo, syrup, Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning and mustard. Mix well. Place in a jar or covered dish and keep in refrigerator.