Pot-Roasted Whole Duck
Create a warm and inviting meal for your family with the rich smells and taste of roasted duck, perfect for any special gathering.
Makes about 6 servings
- 1 (5-pound) whole duck
- 2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 2 large sweet onions, quartered
- 4 stalks celery, halved
- 3 large green bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 4 heads garlic, halved
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Using a sharp knife, prick skin of duck; sprinkle duck with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning.
- In a large oval Dutch oven, place onion celery, bell pepper, and garlic in an even layer; place duck on top.
- Roast until skin is light golden brown, about 40 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 400°, and roast until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 170°, about 50 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar and melted butter until smooth. Brush over duck skin during last 10 minutes of cooking. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Slap’s Beef Pot Roast
Nothing screams, “feel good food” more than a pot roast. Follow this easy recipe for a delicious beef pot roast the whole family will enjoy.
- 3 - 4 lbs beef chuck roast, boneless
- 12 cloves garlic, halved and divided
- 3 Tbsp. Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 bell pepper, chopped into chunks
- 10 whole carrots, peeled
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 small red potatoes, rinsed
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Preheat oven at 350°
- Make 12 small cuts in roast just deep enough to insert half a clove of garlic (being careful not to pierce through the bottom). Insert half of garlic into cuts. Sprinkle both sides of roast with 2 tablespoons Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Carefully add roast; cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove roast, and set aside. ( Some garlic will fall out; insert back into roast.)
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pot. Add onion, bell pepper, carrots, and remaining garlic; cook until onion becomes slightly translucent and browned, about 8 minutes. Remove carrots, and set aside. Add 1/2 cup water; cook, scraping browned bits from the bottom of Dutch oven with a wooden spoon. Add roast, carrots, potatoes, thyme, remaining 1 tablespoon Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, and enough water to reach halfway up sides of roast. Bring to a boil; cover and place in oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°. Bake for 2 hours for a 3- pound roast or 3 hours for a 4-pound roast. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve over white rice and enjoy.
*Brown – To sear thoroughly