Super Bowl parties look a little different this year. Well thats okay, because we all know the best part of the party, is the food… Get ready to have a taste bud blow out, here are 10 Super Bowl foods that are better than a touchdown. From wings, chili, to fried boudin balls and more we’ve got what you need to support your team and feed your stomach.
Chef Elliott Wilson regularly travels to New Orleans which inspired his Muffuletta Egg Rolls. An original New Orleans Muffuletta is a sandwich on round Italian bread, with cold cuts, cheese, and olive salad. Elliot really took this dish to the next level by turning them into Egg Rolls!
- 1 cup Brine-Cured Black Olives, Sliced
- 1 cup Large Pimiento-Stuffed Olives, Sliced
- ½ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Minced Yellow Onion
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Celery
- 2 tbsp Minced Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 tsp Minced Onion
- 1½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1½ tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- Thin Cut Provolone
- Thin Cut Mozzarella
- Thin Cut Mortadella
- Thin Cut Salami
- Thin Cut Capicola
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- White Sesame Seeds
Creole Olive Salad
- Mix 1 cup pitted brine-cured black olives, sliced 1 cup large pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons minced yellow onion, 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery, 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley, Juice of 1 lemon, 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 ½ teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- Super thin cut on all the cheese and meats.
Rolling the Egg Roll
- Take a look at the pictures to see how to construct the rolls, be patient with them, and make sure they are sealed well.
- Place the meat inside of the cheese
- Lay the Eggroll paper like a diamond. Place meat, and cheese in the middle. Then add the creole olive salad (see picture to see location).
- Roll the Egg Roll, Make sure it is sealed tight!
- Heat vegetable oil in your skillet and deep fry to a golden brown, sprinkle with white sesame seeds, and Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning when done frying.