Best served with heaping helpings of mashed potatoes and green beans, these bone-in chops are fried to perfection! This yummy recipe comes from our cookbook Growing Up Cajun! You’ll find everything in this cookbook for an authentic Cajun feast, like Mama Jen’s Cajun Cornbread and Cajun Mardi Gras staples, such as Chicken & Sausage Gumbo.
- 6 (½-inch-thick)bone-in center-cut pork chops
- 1½ tbsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, divided
- 2 cups whole buttermilk
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil or lard for frying
- Place pork chops on a large plate, and sprinkle both sides with ½ tablespoon Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning. Stack pork chops, and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hrs.
- Place buttermilk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine flour and remaining 1 tablespoon Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- In a large Dutch oven, pour oil or lard to the depth of 4 inches, and heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 365°.
- Dip pork chops in buttermilk, letting excess drip off. Dredge in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Working in batches, fry until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Let drain on paper towels.