Bacon drippings and smoked turkey turn these greens into a side that can stand on its own.
- 2 tbsp bacon drippings
- 2 cups chopped sweet onion
- 4 bunches collard greens, stemmed and chopped (about 32 cups)
- 1 smoked turkey leg
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- In a large Dutch oven, heat bacon drippings over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 8 minutes. Add collards in batches, stirring until wilted after each addition. Add turkey leg, broth, salt, and Slap Ya Mama Hot Cajun Seasoning; cover and cook until greens are tendered about 25 minuted. Stir in vinegar. Serve immediately.