Slap Souffle Pancakes
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 4 Egg Whites
- 6 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 6 tbsp Flour
- ¼ cup Chilled Milk
- ½ tsp Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Slap Ya Mama - Cajun Pepper Sauce
- Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning Original Blend
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- On a baking sheet, marinade bacon strips with Slap Ya Mama - Cajun Pepper Sauce, and generously dust with Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning Original Blend
- Cook for 30 min, set on paper towels to dry
- Place egg whites in medium bowl; set aside in the refrigerator to chill.
- Place egg yolks in a large bowl. While whisking, add 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, vanilla, and baking powder. Once well blended, add milk and flour-- sift flour well to avoid large lumps. Continue to whisk until well combined.
- Add orange/lemon juice and salt to egg whites. Using a mixer at medium speed, whisk eggs until frothy/foamy (approximately 1 minute). Continue to mix at medium speed while gradually adding the remaining 5 tablespoons of sugar. Turn the speed to high and mix well until consistency has doubled in size, with stiff glossy peaks. Do not overbeat the meringue
- On the stove, heat a lidded nonstick skillet on the lowest setting and set aside.
- Using a rubber spatula, scoop 1/3 of the meringue mix into the egg yolk mixture. Gently fold until combined. Repeat with the remainder of the meringue until almost combined, and then very gently fold the mixture until no stripes remain.
- Carefully grease the skillet and the inside of 3-inch wide pastry rings (approx. 1 1/2 inches tall) with unsalted butter. Check the pan heat by pouring a small amount of water into the pan. If the water pops or sizzles, turn the heat down. Ladle 1/2 cup of mixture into the pastry rings. Place the lid on the skillet, and cook until they start to rise and a few bubbles are forming at the top (3-4 minutes)
- Remove lid, and add slap marinaded bacon into the pastry ring. Gently flip the rings using 2 spatulas and immediately replace the lid. Cook until the souffle appears to be light and springy to the touch (2 minutes). Transfer the cooked pancake to the platter, and repeat step 9 until all souffles are completed.
- Top pancakes with additional bacon pieces, butter, and slap ya mama sauce & seasoning. ENJOY!!