- ½ pound okra, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 2 clusters tomatoes on the vine
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, basil, thyme, and oregeno)
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- Garnish: chopped fresh herbs, freshly cracked black pepper
- Heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat on a grill. Working in batches, add okra in a single layer; cook, without stirring, until charred. Transfer to a serving platter, and set aside. Brush onion with 1 tablespoon oil, and add onion and sliced garlic to the pan; cook until lightly charred; place on serving platter. Add tomatoes on the vine, and cook until charred; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together herbs, lime zest and juice, vinegar, grated garlic, salt, Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, and remaining ⅓ cup oil. Toss with okra, onion, and heirloom tomatoes. Serve with grilled tomatoes on the vine. Garnish with herbs and freshly cracked black pepper, if desired.