Paw Paw Dub’s Hot Dip
Click Here for Growing Up Cajun Series Recipe Video
Named after its biggest fan, Paw Paw Dub, you’ll fall in love with this cheesy, spicy dip that will have everyone asking for the recipe! This dip is quick and easy when you need to bring something delicious to a potluck, game day party or any other casual get-together.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh jalapeno
- Slap Ya Mama Hot Cajun Seasoning, to taste
- Assorted crackers or corn chips to serve
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and margarine until smooth. Add cheese onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and Slap Ya Mama Hot Cajun Seasoning. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers or corn chips.
Ready to experience the holidays Cajun style? Bring in some Louisiana Cajun flavor to your holiday dinner with Slap Ya Mama’s Cajun Style Holiday Ham complete with our famous original blend and seafood boil seasoning. Say goodbye to traditional holiday meals because our recipe will keep you wanting more year round!
In a large pot, fill halfway with water and pour in Slap Ya Mama Seafood Boil. Bring to a boil and place ham into the pot. Boil for approximately 1 hour. Remove ham and let drain and cool.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Trim top skin from ham leaving a little fat. In a crisscross pattern, slice the top of the ham about ¼” deep. Place ham in a roasting pan with a ½ cup of water in the bottom of the pan. Pour coke evenly over ham. Now season the whole ham with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue cooking for another 30 minutes or until there is a nice crisp on the exterior of the ham. Carve ham, serve and enjoy!