Super Bowl parties look a little different this year. Well thats okay, because we all know the best part of the party, is the food… Get ready to have a taste bud blow out, here are 10 Super Bowl foods that are better than a touchdown. From wings, chili, to fried boudin balls and more we’ve got what you need to support your team and feed your stomach.
- Working in batches, dip balls in egg mixture, letting excess drip off. Roll in bread crumbs, coating evenly.
- In a large Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 2 inches, and heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 360°. Fry balls, in batches, until light brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Let drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
- 1 cup buttermilk Waffle Batter
- 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama White Pepper Blend
- ⅔ a link of boudin (personally prefer Jerry Lee’s in Greenwell Springs, LA) (⅓ a link for each waffle)
- 2 tbsp green onions
- Mix all ingredients place in an airtight container and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour (I personally prefer overnight)
- Remove from container and toss in ¾ cup corn starch. Let sit with starch for 30 minutes before frying.
- Fry at 350° for 4 minutes.
- Mix 2 tsp Slap Ya Mama - Original Blend Cajun Seasoning into the batter.
- Spray preheated iron with non-stick spray. Place 3 oz of batter into preheated waffle iron
- Split boudin in ½, crumble up, and sprinkle on top of the batter
- Sprinkle 1 Tbs of green onions on top as well, close waffle iron, and cook to desired doneness.
Cajun Cane Syrup
- Combine all ingredients and heat just until incorporated. Remove from heat and store in a sealed container. Can be made the day before. And stores well for later use. Goes great on cornbread.