Fried Boudin Balls
- 1½ cups dry bread crumbs (or more, if needed)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp Slap Ya Mama HOT Cajun Seasoning
- ¼ tsp Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- 1½ pounds pork boudin sausage, casings removed
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. In another shallow , whisk together eggs, salt, Slap Ya Mama HOT Cajun Seasoning , and Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce. Shape boudin sausage into 1 ¼-inch balls.
- Working in batches, dip balls in egg mixture, letting excess drip off. Roll in bread crumbs, coating evenly.
- In a large Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 2 inches, and heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 360°. Fry balls, in batches, until light brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Let drain on paper towels. Serve warm.