Summer is here and you know what that means: time to have some friends over for an awesome cookout! You already know that Slap Ya Mama seasonings and sauces help make spice up anything you throw on the grill, so here are some other tips to help make your party the hottest in your neighborhood!
1. Want to keep the bugs away while you eat? If you throw some sage or juniper onto your warm grill or firepit, it can go a long way towards repelling those pesky mosquitos!
2. Clean your grill grate…with an onion! You can use a halved onion to scrub the gunk out of your grill, and it’ll leave you with a great scent while you cook the food, as opposed to the smell of cleaning chemicals. Also, it’s cheaper and greener!
3. Everyone prefers having their meat cooked a certain way (rare, medium, well done, etc.) and it can be real hard to get someone else to do it just right. So let your guests help by doing it themselves! It turns a chore into an activity and gets people talking. Plus, if you are inviting new people it can be a great icebreaker!
4. Need more greens in your diet? Just about EVERY vegetable grills great with Slap Ya Mama! Having a nice savory taste to broccoli, zucchini, or peppers can help even the most stubborn eater.
5. Be creative! Not every cookout needs to be the typical burgers and hot dogs, you can substitute with different meats! Lamb, chicken, venison, fish, all of these grill great and are healthy! Your guests will remember your cookout, and be more likely to come to your next one, especially when you open their eyes to something new!
Enjoy your summer, and as always, and whenever you think of spicing things up, you should think of Slap Ya Mama!