Summer is finally here, and that means it’s time to gather your friends for an unforgettable cookout! As you already know, Slap Ya Mama seasonings and sauces are the perfect way to add some spice to anything you throw on the grill. But we’ve got more tips to make your party the hottest in the neighborhood! Check out these suggestions:
- Clean your grill grate with an onion: Forget about harsh chemicals! Use a halved onion to scrub away the gunk on your grill. It’s a cost-effective and eco-friendly way to get your grill sparkling clean while infusing a delightful scent into your cooking space.
- Bring meat to room temperature: Don’t throw cold meat onto the grill. Let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before grilling. This will help ensure even and quick cooking, giving you perfectly juicy results.
- Let guests cook their own meat: Everyone has their preferred level of doneness. Turn it into an interactive activity by letting your guests cook their own meat. It’s a fun way to engage everyone and spark conversations. Plus, it’s an excellent opportunity to get to know new faces in your neighborhood!
- Keep the grill covered: Resisting the temptation to constantly check on the meat is tough, but frequent opening of the grill prolongs cooking time and releases heat. Maintain a steady temperature by keeping the grill covered. Adjust the heat settings based on your grill type and the meat you’re cooking.
- Use a meat thermometer: Avoid the mistake of cutting into the meat to check if it’s fully cooked. Invest in a meat thermometer to accurately gauge the internal temperature. This way, you’ll have perfectly cooked meat without losing precious juices.
- Let the meat rest: After cooking, allow the meat to rest for a few minutes. Resting allows the juices and flavors to redistribute throughout the meat, resulting in a more flavorful and tender bite.
- Grill your veggies with Slap Ya Mama: Slap Ya Mama isn’t just for meat! Sprinkle it on vegetables like broccoli, zucchini, or peppers for a savory and irresistible taste. It’s a fantastic way to add flavor and entice even the pickiest eaters.
- Repel bugs with sage or juniper: Keep those pesky mosquitos at bay by tossing some sage or juniper onto your warm grill or firepit. The natural aromas act as a repellent, creating a more enjoyable dining experience.
- Get creative with your menu: Break away from the usual burgers and hot dogs. Explore different meat options like lamb, chicken, venison, or fish. Embrace the opportunity to introduce new flavors and surprise your guests. They’ll remember your cookout and eagerly anticipate your next gathering!
- Prioritize safety: Maintain a safe grilling environment by keeping your grill at least 10 feet away from any structure. Have a spray bottle handy for minor flare-ups, as water won’t harm your food. Familiarize yourself with the location of the nearest fire extinguisher, and remember that fire can escalate quickly, so always stay vigilant.
Looking for grilling recipes, check out Slap Ya Mama’s Grilling Recipes To Get You Ready For Summer! Enjoy your summer, and whenever you think of spicing things up, you should think of Slap Ya Mama!