Cajun Harvest Skillet
Don’t let fall slip away without checking off this warming, hearty recipe from your fall cooking bucket list! This one-pan chicken skillet will satisfy all your sweet and spicy cravings.
- 1 Tbsp Kinloch Pecan Oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, season to taste with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered (about 3/4 lb)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 8 oz)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp)
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama Low Sodium Blend
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
In a bowl add chicken and season to taste with Slap Ya Mama Original Blend. Heat the pecan oil in a large, nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium-high, until hot. Add chicken and brown thoroughly until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
Reduce skillet heat to medium-low. Add the chopped bacon and cook until crisp and brown, about 8 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and discard all but 1 Tbsp of the bacon fat.
With bacon fat still in the skillet, increase heat back to medium-high. Add Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, onion and 1 1/2 tsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender and the onions are beginning to look translucent about 10 min.
Stir in the apples, garlic, thyme, and cinnamon. Cook 30 seconds, then pour 1/2 cup of broth and 1 tsp of Slap Ya Mama Low Sodium Blend. Bring to a boil and cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add the reserved chicken and remaining 1/2 cup broth. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in reserved bacon and serve warm. Enjoy!