Slap Ya Mama’s Skirt Steak Salad
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 ciabatta rolls, cut into cubes (about 5 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning
- Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, plus 2 tablespoons brine from the jar
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 6 cups baby romaine
Preseason skirt steak with Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning to taste and set aside.
Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bread cubes and cook until crisp and slightly golden, turning as needed, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ½ tsp. Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning and cook, tossing, until the garlic is slightly golden, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a large bowl; wipe out the skillet. Set aside.
Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Place steak in skillet and sear until browned on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn and sear until browned on the other side, 3 to 4 more minutes. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes.
In another large bowl combine baby romaine, radishes, tomatoes, basil, capers, caper brine and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in the bowl and toss to coat romaine and vegetables; season with a little Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning to taste.
Divide salad and croutons among plates. Thinly slice steak against its grain and divide among plates. Sit back and enjoy!
Serving Size – 4